Seems to work fine and as close to accurate as ones my father and dr’s office use. I know my father paid nearly $200 for his a couple of years ago which is why it ges 5 stars from me. It’s an excellent value at its price point.
I’ve only had this pulse ox a few days, but i am impressed with the quality. Im a prehospital nurse and this is a great backup to have in case my monitor battery dies. It picks up quickly and is accurate. You do have to be pretty still to get a reading. I tried it with my 9 month old and i don’t know if it was his finger being too small or him squirming but i couldn’t get a reading.
We tested this against two or three different doctor’s office oxymeters, and it was accurate. This means a lot to us, as our kids have trouble with asthma. This product is a good one and the price is very fair.
Purchased for a friend coming out of the hospital with pneumonia. Similar to the one used by the techs in the hospital. She is very happy with the product. It allows her to know when she has been off of her oxygen too long or is in need of a breathing treatment. Helps her to keep ahead of treatments so that she does not develop symptoms too quickly.
This is the third monitor i have purchased. The first model i owned lasted only 3 months. Not only is that too late to get a refund, but you can’t even leave a review (amazon recommends that brand) :(. The 2nd meter (innovo) has more bells and whistles, but it is not consistant in readings. The accumed is like the red headed step child of meters, but it has been a great work horse. The more expensive models have a backlit screen which rotate to enable reading. The accumed has the red led display which does not rotate. The meter arrived looking a little rough. The packaging did not look new, but i kept it anyhow.
Purchased this cause i’m in nursing school and currently doing clinicals at a long term care facility. Easier to have my own equipment then try to hunt it down. This thing tends to work well on most patients however i have tan into instances where it won’t read due to my patient shaking. Paperwork that came with it warns against this when i was trying to troubleshoot i found the i do so it didn’t work with the patient i’m currently assigned. . Was a bit disappointed as i had to stop my assessment and go hunt down the pulse ox that the facility had so i could get a reating hence the 4 star rating. However on everyone else i’ve tried this thing on has worked like a charm.
Here are the specifications for the AccuMed CMS-50DL Finger Pulse Oximeter Blood Oxygen SpO2 Sports and Aviation Monitor w/Carrying case:
- Make sure this fits
by entering your model number.
- ACCURATE OXYGEN SATURATION AND PULSE RATE READINGS IN ONE DEVICE: The Pulse Oximeter fits all finger sizes from kids above four years old to adults as it measures the level of oxygen in the blood and reads the pulse rate in just eight to ten seconds. It is crucial to use the device in a stationary position and not while in motion for precise readings.
- FAST & CONVENIENT READINGS: SpO2 and Pulse Rate are graphed on the bright LED display. The LED display cover prevents ambient light washout, making readings crisp and clear. Average time for a reading is 8~10 seconds.
- LOW POWER CONSUMPTION: Equipped with two AAA batteries, the oximeter automatically powers off when not in use and delivers up to 24 continuous hours of battery life.
- PORTABLE AND LIGHTWEIGHT: Weighing only 50 grams, every AccuMed oximeter comes in a convenient travel case that protects it from scratches when carried on its own or inside your gym bag or backpack. Attach the included lanyard to the case or directly to the oximeter for easy reach anytime.
- DESIGNED FOR HOME USE, EXERCISE OR TRAVEL: While the AccuMed Pulse Oximeter is handy for detecting vital signs, it is not intended for medical use but rather for situations where you need to know your oxygen level before and after your workout or sports such as running, hiking or cycling, or while traveling in an aircraft.
Reviews from purchasers :
- Good pulse ox, good price
- Basic model
- VERY good product. We tested this against two or three